Building Adventure Culture in your Organization
You’ve launched and expanded your adventure programs. Now it’s time to build a culture of adventure that permeates everything your organization does.
Ideal for school & afterschool educators, non-formal educators, youth groups, social services, police, counselors, and camp staff!
Participants in this workshop will use their foundations in adventure facilitation to explore creating a culture of adventure through integrations across their organization, building a safety culture through an adventure risk-management lens, creating new adventures and sequences, and developing plans for program sustainability.
Participants will build their adventurous toolkit as we explore these concepts:
- Identifying possible collaborations for adventurous learning within their org and stakeholder group
- Exploring challenges to collaboration and building successful pathways
- Ensuring ongoing program safety through action and structure
- Building concepts of balance between safety and managing risk with outcomes assessments
- Creating and modifying adventure activities and initiatives
- Planning for programs to outlast the launch of adventure
This 8-hour workshop is the follow-up to our Adventure Facilitation Foundations 3. Participants will be most successful if they have an understanding of core concepts such as de-inhibitizing groups, Stretch Zone Learning, full value commitments and Challenge of Choice, activity framing and sequencing, enhanced safety and spotting, dynamic portable initiatives, group management, obtained through courses like our Adventure Facilitation Foundations 1 & 2 workshops.
Attendees will experience the activities as participants first and then build them into their own practice as facilitators for their community.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
$150.00 registration includes workshop, lunch, and special pricing on facilitation tools from Project Imo's Facilitation & Gear Store. Group pricing discounts are available. Email email@example.com for more information.